Sunday, October 31, 2010

Bloggers Quilt Festival 2010

I have decided to link up to the bloggers quilt festival, 

Amy's Creative Side - Blogger's Quilt Festival
 thanks Mrs P, with my little story of how i became interestied in quilting, there are so many amazingly creative and talented people that inspired me then and now. Thanks to Amy's Creative Side you can see the wonderful creations at the quilt festival.


Many years ago i decided to make a quilt for my son who was very little, he was 3 years old and needed a cover for his bed. He wanted a dragon, as he was obsessed with them at the time, so i thought i would make one. It was my very first quilt, and he helped choose the colours so it is really very special. He is now almost 18, and still uses it when its cold, usually as a lap quilt, he is quite tall now! He loved it so much i made one for my daughter also, and so began my love of choosing beautiful fabrics with many quilts lined up in my mind. I hadnt really done anything for a long time, as raising two small children took all my time and energy, but have really loved getting back into it. I am slowly building a small stash, with patterns and will be gifting them to family and those is need.



He still loves it !

So this is my favourite quilt of all time, i hope you like all the beautiful quilts in the link, and thanks again Mrs p your a star!






3 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Hi Mrs A, Thanks for your comment. I don't have a pattern for the make-up bag, but it's really similar in style and size to this one: https://www.nicolemdesign.com.au/shop/zip-purses/2349-make-up-purse-kit.html

Shay said...

What an amazing effort for a first quilt. It looks like it's stood the test of time. It still looks very vibrant and colourful.

Lovely quilt Mrs A!

Carol said...

Great looking dragon.