Tuesday, February 5, 2013

ozzie aftermath and more usa photos

After 4 days without power I nearly went mental in the heat and humidity, I went to Margs for some respite, she had the air con on :) Thanks Marg, you are a life saver! Fortunately we had no damage, although the slab did absorb some of the water and we are on a hill !  Onto other things, hubs is going to be in the US again in July, I would love to go with him, but would need a teenage sitter for a month, her brother will be busy studying in the city. So I probably wont be able to go :((

I loved it there even though they drive on the wrong side of the road!  The mountain ranges were extraordinary! Here are some photos of the trip through Death Valley on the way to Las Vegas.
There are loads more but i cant find them on the silly mac, grumble, silly husband has put them somewhere obscure.




Even though Death Valley is all dirt and the occasional tumbleweed, its still impressive although I am glad we went through in winter :)  It was chilly, we were glad to get back in the car with the heater on !
Its hard to believe we had our ski jackets on there, and here we have had the aircon blasting !

Well other than that not much is new, I have been sewing a little bit, but i get annoyed with myself when seams don't align properly, and then have to get up and walk away, otherwise i would do a psycho on the fabric, my patience is low at the moment ! Hope you are having a productive week, and hopefully i will be back soon :)


2 comments:

Lynne said...

Glad to hear you weathered the storm okay. Sorry you can't go back to US with your husband. Relax, it's your hobby!

Mrs A said...

Haha, thanks Lynne!